Session: Keynote Address – Sports as a Vehicle for Change and Impact
Presenter: Allison Melangton, Senior Vice President, Hulman Motorsports Corporation
Recap: Indianapolis is a city full of opportunities, community and sports. Allison Melangton embodies each of these, and shared with 2016 PRSSA National Conference attendees how they can use these traits to further their careers. In her welcoming address, Melangton presented how young practitioners can break through the glass ceiling, better their communities and use their skills to advance themselves throughout their time in the field.
- Always embrace what’s next – you never know what it could be or what it could lead to.
- Don’t think mainstream, but think diversely.
- Have the mentality: if it impacts one life, it matters.
- Always respond, don’t react.
- Ask yourself everyday: “How can I make a difference?”
Natalie Gloady is a senior at Waynesburg University, where she is majoring in public relations and sports information. She serves as the public relations director for Waynesburg PRSSA, as well as an account executive for Red Brick Communications. Natalie hopes to pursue a job in the sports industry as a social media coordinator or publications director post-graduation. Follow her on Twitter or connect with Natalie on LinkedIn.