Session: Knowing What to Say: A Guide to Political Public Relations
Presenters: Anne Hathaway, President – Hathaway Strategies and Jane Jankowski, Communications Director – Hathaway Strategies
Recap: With the upcoming election taking place Nov. 8, both candidates have had their fair share of strengths and weaknesses in their public relations efforts. In an election full of controversy and heavy media scrutiny, Anne Hathaway and Jane Jankowski, two political campaign consultants, presented an insightful public relations guide to running an effective political campaign.
- There is a real talent in knowing when to say nothing
- Know when you can have a little fun
- Understand the circumstances around you
- Try not to take things too personally
- Do not take yourself too seriously
Zac is a senior public relation student and a student athlete at the university. Zac is a member of the WUPRSSA Executive Board, serving as treasurer. He also serves as a representative of Waynesburg’s Fellowship of Christian Athletes.