Session: Why It’s Good to Be a Girl
Presenter: Holly Wagner, Public Relations and Product Placement Representative – Vera Bradley
Recap: Holly Wagner focused on the new Vera Bradley campaign entitled “Why It’s Good to Be a Girl,” and walked PRSSA members through the creation and implementation process. Wagner stressed the importance of social engagement and partnership for the campaign including sweepstakes, contests, ambassadors and the usage of #itsgoodtobeagirl across various social media platforms. Wagner acknowledged that not all tactics will be successful, and it’s okay if a tactic does not work. However, do not let a setback stop the new campaign or branding process. She urged the audience to continue to release new products and opportunities even after the campaign is released.
- Embrace change in your company and do not be afraid of it
- Knowing your target audience in unbelievable detail is key to a successful campaign
- Get your audience involved via social engagement
- Do not expect everything to work out well; tactics can fail but that does not mean the campaign failed. Be resilient and try again
- Do not stop once the new brand is released; continue meeting and creating new opportunities
Amanda Troncone is a sophomore public relations student, and serves as the professional development coordinator for Waynesburg University Public Relations Student Society of America. She hopes to someday partner her passion with public relations to pursue a career in the non-profit sector. Follow Amanda on Twitter or connect with her on LinkedIn.