Session: Give Your Communications Wings: How Telling Your Story, Engaging Audiences and Finding Partners is Critical in Helping Your Organization
Presenter: Christina Cassotois, CEO for Allegheny County Airport Authority
Recap: Christina Cassotis lead the keynote address for Pennsylvania State University PRSSA’s Regional Conference, Passport to PR. During the address, she discussed the importance of crisis communication in the field, as well as the significance of developing basic skills – such as writing. The presentation informed attendees about why they need to communicate in effective ways, with specific audiences, as well as how they can accomplish this on a day-to-day basis.
- You are ALWAYS talking to people. Keep in mind – what would these people like to know?
- Focus on your message to your staff – they are basically your organization’s backbone.
- You have to mean what you say.
- Everything is a crisis if the community thinks it is a crisis. You have to find a way to combat it.
- How you do one thing, is how you do everything.
Natalie Gloady is a senior at Waynesburg University, where she majors in public relations and sports information. She serves as the Public Relations Director for Waynesburg PRSSA, as well as an Account Executive for Red Brick Communications. Natalie hopes to pursue a job in the sports industry as a social media coordinator or publications director post-graduation. Follow her on Twitter or connect with her on LinkedIn.